In this episode, we will be talking about how to find and hire the best talent. The successful hiring of top sales talent heavily depends on understanding the differences between a candidate's mindset and skillset.
Recognizing the factors that contribute to a potential team member's success is essential in identifying those who have the right attributes to excel in their positions.
Employers must be aware of a candidate's mindset, commitment levels, and optimism, as these inner qualities are crucial in making them thrive in the business environment.
Jamie Crosbie discusses the importance of concentrating on the will to succeed, especially when focusing on candidates in the middle level of the sales talent spectrum.
She suggested that development should be emphasized from both a skillset and a mindset perspective. By doing so, sales managers can ensure that team members are motivated and dedicated, resulting in increased performance and a more successful sales team overall.
Key Topics & Timestamps
- 00:01:41 - Salespeople in the Interview Process
- 00:04:21 - Mindset vs. Skillset
- 00:08:11 - The Importance of the Talent Pipeline
- 00:13:54 - Improving B Players
- 00:16:01 - Developing Salespeople's Skills
- 00:17:00 - Hiring Process Mistakes
- 00:19:02 - Ideal Hiring Process
- 00:22:34 - Importance of Simulations in Hiring
- 00:26:08 - Jamie's Career Success and Failure
- Hire slowly, fire quickly. But in today's marketplace, it's critical to move quickly once you find top talent.
- Think of your talent pipeline as your biggest revenue insurance, protecting your greatest asset - your people.
- Spend energy developing your B players, those who need skill development, not those who lack motivation and initiative.